Fluid Bed Dryer
Wet cake storage, piston pumps, fluidized bed dryers and dry granulate storage from a single manufacturer.
Municipal Products, Mining Products & Industrial Products
Schwing Bioset’s fluid bed drying technology produces granular biosolids particles that meet USEPA 503 requirements for Class A. The system operates at low temperatures and features a closed-loop gas stream to maintain inert conditions within the drying system.
The process is fully automated monitoring key system parameters allowing for unattended operations. Unlike belt and drum drying technology that include numerous mechanical components requiring upkeep, fluid bed drying has few components that require maintenance allowing extremely high equipment availability.
FLUID BED DRYER
2. No blending or pre-conditioning of wet cake is necessary prior to enter the fluid bed dryer. Fluctuations in the percent solids of the incoming biosolids are accommodated by simple automation of operating procedures.
3. No large sealing surfaces to oxygen to enter during operation, start-up, or shut down procedures.
4. Patented Closed-Loop Gas Stream (CLGS) design maintains inert conditions by recycling process gas.
5. Drying and cooling steps accomplished within a single fluid bed system without the need for supporting ancillary cooling equipment.
FLUID BED PROCESSING
Schwing Bioset offers complete systems for processing powders, granulate, pellets, and crystalline solids that are environmentally friendly with dust-tight construction and optional closed-loop processing. Our systems use low-value and waste heat sources and energy recovering techniques to decrease your environmental impact.
Custom Designed for New and Existing Plant Sites
Schwing Bioset’s Fluid Bed Technology can be utilized for Drying, Cooling, Conditioning, Classifying, and other Mechanical, Thermal, Evaporative & Reactive Processes.
Extend your project team with Schwing Bioset’s fluid bed and material handling specialists. They offer assistance with both upstream and downstream equipment, including wet material storage and handling, slurry pumping, dry and cool product storage, and loadout facilities, and the controls needed.
Schwing Bioset Industrial Fluid Bed Dryer
Our fluid bed experts can assist with your existing fluid bed equipment by providing input on performance improvements, upgrades, and other enhancements. This assistance includes optimization and retrofitting to improve performance and provide capacity expansions to your existing equipment or help with enhanced control and automation measures. Schwing Bioset experts provide on-site diagnostic assistance and troubleshooting to keep you up and running, including refurbishment. They can even help adapt existing equipment for other uses when the project is complete. Our experts are here to assist your product development team with testing and characterization studies as well.
A Variety of Configurations
Schwing Bioset offers fluid bed systems in a variety of configurations with features and accessories to achieve or exceed your plant’s operating and maintenance requirements:
• Open / Closed Loop Designs
• Direct and Indirect Heating
• Inclusion of Heating/Cooling Surfaces Within the Fluidized Layer
• Combined Processing Steps with Multi-zone, Multi-stage, Integrated Options
• Features such as weir liners, adjustable layer height, CIP adaptations, special cleanouts and washing drains, inspection and maintenance access are a few of many available options
Homogenous and highly efficient thermal treatment and systems with a minimum of moving parts are hallmarks of fluid bed processing. Schwing Bioset’s Fluid Bed Team has the expertise to take advantage of these inherent benefits resulting in:
• Reduced equipment size and footprint
• Reduced maintenance attention and cost
• Reduced energy consumption, emissions, and operating cost per ton of processed product
Areas of Concentration
• Coal and related materials
• Municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plant sludge
• Mined materials including potash, rock salt, borates, and others
• Dewatered evaporator solids – chloride salts, ammonium sulfate, phosphates, borates, calcium carbonate, citric acid, various derivatives, and others
• Plastics – PVC, HD/LD polyethylene, resins, precursors, and others in granular and pelletized form