Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Plasma / Waterjet Operator
We are looking to hire a Plasma / Waterjet Operator for our growing company.
Responsibilities and Duties including but not limited to the following:
- Operation of CNC computer driven plasma cutter and waterjet in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to read and understand work orders and fill out correctly, operation of plasma or flame-cutting torches when required.
- Effectively use all tools associated with performing duties including reading tape measures, calipers, etc.
- Operation of all equipment needed in workstation such as overhead and wall cranes, hand torches, electro-magnets, etc.
- Knowledge of specific speeds, fuel settings, tips and plasma consumables required to cut various thickness of steel.
- Miscellaneous duties as necessary.
- Computer literate, ability to stand/walk 90% of work shift, ability to lift up to 75 lbs. when required, ability to function in adverse climate conditions (heat, cold).
- Must be able to read blueprints or drawings.
- Ability to stand/walk on concrete surface 90%+ of work shift in adverse climate conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. as necessary.
- Bending and stooping required approximately 50% of work day.
- Must wear proper protective gear including steel tip boots, metatarsals recommended, proper safety glasses or welding shield depending on duty performed.
- Minimum of one-year burning experience.
Tools and Equipment Used: Tape measures, micrometer, hand grinder, CNC controlled cutting machine, remote operated overhead cranes, forklifts.
Education Level Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Shift: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:00pm plus overtime.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefit package that begins 1st of the month after hire date. Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location