Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Mechanical Assembler – Welder – North Branch, MN
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (headquartered in Somerset, WI) is a pioneer in developing high performance, material handling solutions dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets. SBI is seeking an experienced with heavy industrial equipment/welding full-time Mechanical Assembler- Welder at our North Branch, MN location. Starting pay depending on qualifications and experience.
Primary responsibility to work as a member of the production team in welding and repairing metal components and assembling all parts and equipment necessary to complete production requirements.
- Reads blueprints, drawings, & schematics to take measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications.
- Performs complex wire, stick, gas, and heliarc welding on various operations.
- Align components using calipers, rulers, and clamps.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead).
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Assembly of customized project-specific heavy equipment. Included but not limited to mechanical, hydraulic, and fluid handling systems, and electrical wiring and instrumentation.
- Manage parts inventory, use of hand tools, and mechanical equipment to produce structurally sound products.
- Meet weekly goals and assignments such that production goals are met, and project schedule does not slip.
- Verify quantities of parts and quality check completed items.
- Consult needed changes on released equipment with assigned lead or manager; mark assembly drawings with agreed upon changes made to ensure equipment is documented.
- Assist as needed with preparation of production parts and equipment for shipping.
- Follow safe work practices and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Follow established Schwing Bioset assembly practices and procedures.
- Perform reasonably similar or related duties as needed.
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Class A Certification
- At least 3 years welding experience.
- Experience in TIG, MIG, and MMA techniques.
- Experience with electrical or manual tools (saws, calipers, squares, etc).
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing.
- At least one year on a manufacturing floor.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and knowledge required.
- Must be flexible to work extra hours when needed.
- Deftness and attention to detail.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing work environment and hours.
- Must have High School Diploma.
- Ability to safely lift up-to 50lbs.
- Repetitive hand movement, reach with both hands and bend as necessary while standing for long periods of time.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
SBI is an EEO Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday