Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Maintenance Technician – Somerset, WI
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (located in Somerset, WI) is a pioneer in developing high performance, material handling solutions dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets. SBI is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician specializing in custodial duties. Starting pay depending on qualifications and experience.
Candidate will performs 60% janitorial tasks and basic preventative maintenance functions for the four Somerset buildings with minimal supervision and not limited to plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs, sprinkler maintenance, and HVAC service. We are seeking someone flexible in hours with a possible start time of 4am or 2pm to avoid disruption in the offices.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance functions with minimal supervision and not limited to plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs, sprinkler maintenance, and HVAC service.
- Rectify mechanical or structural issues and oversee contractors for professional repairs if necessary.
- Check and confirm the functionality of safety systems- sprinkler and fire alarm.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring of machinery and equipment to identify issues.
- Collaborate and assist other special requests by assisting employees in moving furniture, assembling partition walls, etc. during office moves and renovations.
- Cleans restrooms and common areas (breakrooms), front entry/reception at all buildings.
- Performs standard cleaning activities including dusting, mopping, trash removal in all offices, etc.
- Attends periodic training and safety meetings.
- This position may require some flexibility for working hours (possible one night a week, and one weekend a month.
- Performs any special requests to move, bend, and lift items.
- Conduct all activities within the guidelines of company policies, procedures, and work rules.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Must have at least two years current experience in a maintenance role. General construction, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC preferred.
· Basic understanding of machinery to replace defective parts.
· Must be able to use common hand and power tools.
· Ability to check and read blueprints, parts catalogs, and repair manuals.
- Able to manage and support four different office locations.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs regularly.
· Must be handy with power and hand tools, such as wrenches, hammers, etc.
· Must be flexible to work extra hours as needed. One evening/week and one weekend/month is required. 8-hour shift (4:00am to 12:00noon) Monday through Friday (Schedule will require flexibility for one evening a week and one weekend a month).
· Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
· Self-starter who can multi-task while paying great attention to detail.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining composure.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location