Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Field Service Technician – Based in Florida
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (located in Somerset, WI) is a pioneer in developing high performance, material handling solutions dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets. MUST BE BASED IN OR AROUND FORT LAUDERDALE, FL.
This position will primarily report to multiple customer locations in the central and southern Florida areas with occasional out-of-town travel.
This position will be responsible for providing timely onsite support to customer and post-sales implementation of all Schwing Bioset equipment and services regionally. To support SBI’s reputation for quality customer service, this position is expected to meet customer expectations by delivering prompt, accurate, and courteous service.
· Perform preventative maintenance services
· Set up equipment.
· Operate equipment and document results.
· Facilitate sales staff with requirements of demonstration.
· Install new mechanical and electrical systems used for inspection.
· Field test systems per project specifications.
· Train plant personnel in operation and maintenance of SBI equipment.
· Troubleshoot and repair existing equipment.
· Coordinate and schedule equipment to different locations.
· Support customers with estimates for repairs and upgrades.
· Assist with costing/bidding of installation and rebuild work.
· Conduct and complete field equipment installation supplied by SBI.
· Arrange field equipment for work completion (crane rental, etc.).
· Synchronize field work with Project Manager.
· Collaborate with outside contractors (electrical, mechanical, general, etc.).
· Ensure all equipment is maintained and used in accordance with company health and safety regulations.
· Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies, procedures and work rules.
· 2-year Technical, or related degree. Experience in construction or concrete preferred.
· Knowledge in hydraulics, electrical systems, pneumatics, mechanical systems and PLC.
· Ability to read electrical schematics, hydraulic drawings and blueprints related to engineering and contracts.
· Ability to travel up to 50% for out-of-town assignments as required.
· Understanding of PLC programming structure and ability to make simple changes.
· Must be flexible to work extra hours when needed.
· Self-starter with great attention to detail who can work in a fast-paced team environment.
· Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote