Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Electrial Technician – Somerset, WI
What we do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset, Inc. exists to pioneer and develop high performance, material handling solutions, and is dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and high specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both U.S. and international markets.
Primary responsibility is to design equipment control panels to meet customer requirements.
Project Bidding Phase
- Work as part of SBI’s bidding team to establish accurate panel cost on a per-project basis.
- Review customer project specifications to identify electrical hardware, control panel, and power and motor requirements.
- Work with component suppliers and panel supplier(s) to establish accurate panel cost estimates to be used for project bids.
Design & Submittal Phase
- Collaborate with Project Engineer/Project Manager to determine project panel and hardware requirements and/or needed exceptions/deviations.
- Determine technical requirements of electrical equipment to be supplied.
- Select power components to be used in and with control panels. Focus on meeting customer specification requirements; selecting reliable, readily available, cost-effective components.
- Use AutoCAD Electrical to create panel layouts, electrical schematics, P&ID’s and panel Bill of Materials.
- Design control panels using best engineering practices to meet NEMA ratings, UL or (c)UL/CSA listing requirements, and Hazardous Environment design considerations.
- Coordinate motor selection and acquisition of data sheets and quotations to meet project requirements.
- Work with electrical engineers to revise drawings as needed to document panel modifications per customer submittal review and response.
- Create standard templates and panel designs as basis for customized panel solutions.
- Layout and assemble panels to meet print and UL/CSA standards.
- Verification of wiring via visual and continuity checks.
- Pre-testing of PLC panels; work with programmers to load PLC and HMI programs and establish communication.
- Assist programmers with test documentation creation and program verification/modification as required.
- As-built documentation of required field updates.
- Assist in part identification/procurement of needed field updates or replacements.
- On-site programming support as needed.
General Job Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of UL508 and CSA panel specifications.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 National Electric Code, and NFPA 79 Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery.
- Experience using Autocad Electrical.
- Understanding of PLC programming structure and ability to make simple changes.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Work well within a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Programmable logic controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.