Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Technical Writer – Somerset, WI
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (headquartered in Somerset, WI) is a pioneer in developing high performance, material handling solutions dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets. SBI is seeking an experienced full-time Technical Writer in our Somerset, WI location.
Primary responsibility is working with engineering project teams in creation of project submittals as well as Operation & Maintenance manuals.
- Create and update project submittals and operation and maintenance manuals using Adobe Frame Maker, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and SAP software.
- Generate training materials based on operation and maintenance manuals.
- Coordinate receipt of required information and review process from project engineers and project management for creation and/or insertion into the manuals.
- Generate vendor data sheets by searching online, highlighting relevant information, and uploading data into SAP per part number database.
- Coordinate printing and assembly of project manuals.
- Arrange shipping to customers, engineering firms, and external SBI offices.
- Enter SAP data; ie parts numbers, bill of materials, and part number rolls.
- Coordinate language translation of manuals and translator companies.
- Train and advise other tech writers as needed.
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Must have High School Diploma. Associated degree in related field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Frame Maker or similar publishing software.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Able to sit several hours during an 8-hour shift.
- Must be flexible to work extra hours when needed.
- Good organization skills who can multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter with great attention to detail who can work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with engineered systems.
SBI is an EEO Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Somerset, WI 54025