Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Structural Engineer – Somerset, WI
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (headquartered in Somerset, WI) is a pioneer in developing high performance, material handling solutions dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets. SBI is seeking an experienced full-time Structural Engineer in our Somerset, WI location.
Responsible for working on all stages of our production cycles; from planning, design, supervising, and implementation of projects within the assigned business unit.
- Facilitate an understanding of the scope and plan for projects.
- Work with Application Engineers on project scope and preliminary estimates.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope in a cost-efficient manner.
- Account for possible project challenges or constraints and proactively seek to manage challenges.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Design Engineers in our company.
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Bachelor degree in Civil, Mechanical or related Engineering. At least 2 years of professional experience.
- EIT Certification.
- Expert knowledge of 3D modeling; Inventor and/or Tekla preferred.
- Experience developing schematics for structures in accordance with client specifications and safety standards.
- Project development and leadership skills are essential.
- Professional work experience in developing blueprints and designs for proposed structures
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with various operating systems.
- Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
- Advanced understanding of build materials, techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of welding practices, stress analysis, and machine design.
- Proficient in design and calculation software.
- Highly analytical mind with exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible to work extra hours when needed.
- Self-starter with great attention to detail who can work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
SBI is an EEO Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour day shift
- Monday to Friday