Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Paint Prep Technician – Weekend Shift – North Branch, MN
Engineered Chassis Systems (ECS), a division of Schwing Bioset, is seeking a full-time experienced Paint Prep Technician. ECS is a full service chassis modifier for the large truck market.
We are looking to hire a Paint Prep Technician for our growing company for weekend shift: work 3 – 12s, (get paid for 40) plus $5/hr shift differential.
The Paint Prep Technician is responsible for ensuring all parts are properly prepared for the painting process, according to standard work instruction and quality standards. The Paint Prep Operator completes this process by deburring product and removing welding spatter using power/hand tools. The Paint Prep Operator must also apply chemicals to clean the product and then complete an undercoating process, both using a spray wand tool. It is essential to properly hang/rig the truck scale on the overhead crane system. All items must be inspected to ensure they are clean and ready for the paint process. Various power tools are used such as; hand grinders, dual action (da) sanders, wire wheels, power washer/spray wand, and other equipment such as a forklift or overhead crane system. This employee must keep orders prioritized and work in a fast-paced environment to meet production expectations and customer demands. Other functions as assigned
- Ensure proper surface preparation prior to painting, taping, and plugging.
- Load and unload parts/components to be painted.
- Use of hand tools to uninstall/install components and prepare components for painting.
- Perform rework and repair tasks.
- Perform filter maintenance.
- Label finished parts.
- Perform quality checks.
- Utilize proper safety techniques.
- Uses computer system to manage paint specifications.
- Move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train)
- Effectively assist and train new/current associates.
- Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures, and practices to include proper use and care of PPE
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
- Shows commitment to Altec core values.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend.
- Basic computer usage knowledge.
Schwing Bioset offers health, dental, life, STD/LTD, 401k company match.
Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Weekends only
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Painting: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location