Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Mechanical Designer – North Branch, MN
What we do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (SBI) is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, and North Branch, MN, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset exists to pioneer and develop high performance material handling solutions. We are dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets.
SBI is seeking an experienced with heavy industrial equipment full-time Mechanical Designer in our North Branch, MN location. Starting pay depending on qualifications and experience. This is an in-office position for the first 6 mos.
Responsible for designing and detailing equipment part drawings for SBI production and procurement.
· Support Project Engineers with equipment layout and design.
· Model equipment using 3D CAD software to accurately design assemblies and components.
· Use contract drawings to create equipment layout and building features critical to integration of SBI equipment in the installation.
· Use structural calculations to model and design SBI-supplied structures.
· Create 2D drawings for use during fabrication and manufacturing of SBI products.
· Record changes to assemblies during Production on as-built drawings.
· Maintain MRP system for both creation of, and changes to, production parts.
· Maintain ECR system; perform required activities for the requested change, update ECR as required, maintain ECR log upon completion, distribute changes on weekly ECO.
· Assist Sales and Bid Team as required with drawings to communicate design concepts and preliminary layouts to define SBI project scope.
· Assistance with special projects as directed by Engineering Manager.
· Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies, procedures, and work rules.
· Associate or Bachelor of Science Degree in Design or Mechanical Engineering.
· 2+ yrs experience of Mechanical Design work experience.
· Knowledge of heavy truck, drive trains, hydraulics, fluid mechanics, welding practices, stress analysis, and machine design.
· Proficient in design and calculation software.
· Must be flexible to work extra hours when needed.
· Self-starter with great attention to detail who can work in a fast-paced team environment.
· Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Health savings account
Paid time off
Schedule: Day shift