Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Mechanical Designer/Drafter – Somerset, WI
What we do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (SBI) is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset exists to pioneer and develop high performance material handling solutions. We are dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets.
Primary responsibility is to design and detail equipment part drawings for SBI production and procurement.
- Support Project Engineers with equipment layout and design.
- Model equipment using Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD software to accurately design assemblies and components.
- Use contract drawings to create equipment layout and building features critical to integration of SBI equipment in the installation.
- Work with structural engineer to model and design SBI-supplied structures.
- Create 2D drawings for use during fabrication and manufacturing of SBI products.
- Create and maintain Bills of Materials for multi-level assemblies.
- Record changes to assemblies during Production on as-built drawings.
- Maintain MRP system for both creation of, and changes to, production parts.
- Maintain ECR system; perform required activities for the requested change, update ECR as required, maintain ECR log upon completion, distribute changes on weekly ECO.
- Assist Sales and Bid Team as required with drawings to communicate design concepts and preliminary layouts to define SBI project scope.
- Assistance with special projects as directed by Engineering Manager.
- 5 – 10 years of related experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Autodesk Inventor.
- Familiar with GT&D.
- Familiar with welding symbols.
- Associates Degree in drafting or related field preferred but not required.
- Ability to think creatively to help the engineering team solve complex problems.
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This is not a remote position; work will be full-time in our Somerset, WI facility.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Autodesk Inventor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Design: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location