Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Hydraulic Engineer – Somerset, WI
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (headquartered in Somerset, WI) is a pioneer in developing high performance, material handling solutions dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets. SBI is seeking an experienced full-time Hydraulic Engineer in our Somerset, WI location. Starting pay depending on qualifications and experience. This position requires three-day in the office work schedule.
Hydraulics Engineer will design, source parts, perform cost analysis, create bills of materials, 3D model, develop prints for fabrication, work with Engineering Manager and shop personnel to solve issues, and perform tests on designs.
- Hydraulic circuit designs include open-circuit with multi-station valve manifolds and electro-proportional controls.
- Sizing and selection of pumps, motors, cylinders, valves.
- Perform mechanical and hydraulic design calculations related to pressure, flow, speed, torque, etc.
- Integration of hydraulic and electrical control systems, working alongside electrical designers.
- Specify replacement parts to support SBI equipment in the field when parts are no longer available.
- Review customer project specifications to determine equipment that satisfies the requirement.
- Design custom manifolds to be used in our standard product offerings.
- Design custom solutions and create drawings that will be presented to our customers using AutoCAD 2D and Autodesk Inventor 3D modeling software.
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Communicate engineering design information both internally and externally.
Self-motivated, quick thinker, detail orientated candidate that can achieve results on the first try and willing to go the extra mile. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in hydraulic system design. Ideal candidate will have IFPS Certification, but not required.
SBI is an EEO Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Somerset, WI 54025