Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Field Service Welding Technician – Somerset, WI
What We Do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, with additional faculties in North Branch and Rogers, MN. Schwing Bioset exists to pioneer and develop high performance, material handling solutions, and is dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets.
The primary responsibility is to support SBI supplied equipment through its life cycle at customer sites.
Job Responsibilities Include:
Weld steel components using welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders and/or verbal instructions.
Perform set-ups and lay-out work.
Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
Welding in many environments including indoors and outdoors
Coordination and scheduling of equipment to different locations
Set up of equipment
Operation of equipment and documentation of results
Tear down of equipment
Assist sales staff with requirements of demonstration
New Equipment Field Services:
Installation including Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical systems
Startup of complete scope of supply
Field testing per project specifications
Train plant personnel in the operation and maintenance of SBI supplied equipment
Existing Equipment Field Services:
Troubleshoot and repair existing equipment
Preventative maintenance services
Assist customer with estimates for repairs and upgrades
Coordinate and complete field installations of equipment supplied by SBI
Coordinate field work with Project Manager
Work with outside contractors (electrical, mechanical, general, etc.)
Coordinate field equipment necessary for work completion (crane rental, etc.)
- 2-year or 4-year Technical Degree required.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience.
- Experience in construction and/or concrete preferred.
- Knowledge in hydraulics, electrical systems, pneumatics, mechanical systems, and PLC.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, hydraulic drawings, and blueprints as related to engineering and contract.
- designs for installation and trouble shooting.
- Thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves and gas cylinders.
- Understanding of welding symbols and diagrams, blueprints and/ or other printed instructional material in the welding of products and parts.
- Willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal.
- Knowledge of welder concepts, practices and procedures.
- Willing to work with others in a team environment.
- Be a dependable and reliable asset to the company.
- Schwing Bioset does offer paid training.
- This is a traveling position. Candidates must be willing to travel.
- Roles and responsibilities may be modified at any time by management.
Note: Salary commensurate with Experience and Education.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Savings Account
- STD and LTD
- 401k Matching Plan
- Paid Holidays
Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations