Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Field Service Welder – Somerset, WI
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (located in Somerset, WI) is a pioneer in developing high performance, material handling solutions dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets.
Responsible for assembling complex pieces of metal and repairing damage in metal components using considerable experience.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications.
- Performs complex wire, stick, gas, and heliarc welding on various operations.
- Align components using calipers, rulers, and clamps.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead).
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Troubleshoot and repair existing equipment.
- Conduct and complete field equipment installation supplied by SBI.
- Synchronize field work with Project Manager.
- Collaborate with outside contractors (electrical, mechanical, general, etc.).
- Reads blueprints and drawings to take measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and used in accordance with company health and safety regulations.
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies, procedures and work rules.
- 2-year Technical, or related degree. Class A Certification.
- At least 3 years welding experience.
- Experience in TIG, MIG, and MMA techniques.
- Experience with electrical or manual tools (saws, calipers, squares, etc).
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing.
- Ability to travel up to 70% for out-of-town assignments as required.
- Deftness and attention to detail.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing work environment and hours.
- Ability to safely lift up-to 50lbs.
- Repetitive hand movement, reach with both hands and bend as necessary while standing for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
SBI is an EEO Employer.