Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Field Service Chemical Technician – Somerset, WI
What We Do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset exists to pioneer and develop high performance, material handling solutions, and is dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets.
The primary responsibility is to support SBI supplied equipment through its life cycle at customer sites, with an emphasis on chemical water treatment process systems included with the SBI scope of supply.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Coordination and scheduling of equipment to different locations
- Set up of equipment
- Operation of equipment and documentation of results
- Tear down of equipment
- Assist sales staff with requirements of demonstration
New Equipment Field Services
- Installation including Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical systems
- Startup of complete scope of supply
- Field testing per project specifications
- Train plant personnel in the operation and maintenance of SBI supplied equipment
Existing Equipment Field Services
- Troubleshoot and repair existing equipment
- Preventative maintenance services
- Assist customer with estimates for repairs and upgrades
- Coordinate and complete field installations of equipment supplied by SBI
- Coordinate field work with Project Manager
- Work with outside contractors (electrical, mechanical, general, etc.)
- Coordinate field equipment necessary for work completion (crane rental, etc.)
- Chemical technician degree or industry certifications required
- Experience in chemical processes required
- Experience in hydraulics, electrical systems, pneumatics, mechanical systems, and knowledge of PLCs a plus
- Experience in construction, wastewater, mining and/or concrete preferred.
- Ability to read hydraulic drawings, and blueprints as related to engineering and contract designs for installation and troubleshooting preferred.
- Schwing Bioset does offer paid training.
- This is a traveling position. Candidates must be willing to travel.
- Roles and responsibilities may be modified at any time by management.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Chemical, Cosmetics & Pharmaceuticals Production Occupations: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.