Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Electrical Engineer – Somerset, WI
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (located in Somerset, WI) is a pioneer in developing high performance, material handling solutions dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets. SBI is seeking an Electrical Engineer with responsibilities that include designing equipment controls and testing them for safety and efficiency to meet customer requirements.
Design & Submittal Phase
- Collaborate with Project Engineer/Project Manager to determine project requirements and/or deviations.
- Determine technical requirements of electrical equipment to be supplied.
- Use AutoCAD Electrical to create electrical schematics, P&ID’s and panel Bill of Materials.
- Coordinate motor selection and acquisition of data sheets and quotations to meet project requirements while in communication with Project Mechanical Engineer.
- Create memory maps and/or project-specific control narrative per specification and standard operating procedures.
- Design control panels to meet NEMA ratings, (c)UL, CSA listing requirements, and Hazardous Environment design considerations.
Production & Test Phase
- Coordinate with PM, Lead EE, and/or customer as required to obtain job-required programming needs.
- Use ladder logic and function block programming capability to meet customer requirements.
- Program using the following PLC programming software options: Allen Bradley Logix 500/5000 Siemens Step7 Modicon Unity GE Proficy
Others per project specification
- Program using the following HMI programming software options: RSView Studio ME WinCC Flex Others per project specification
- Create required project documentation for communication of programming intent, both to SBI employees and customers.
- Verify programs during testing phase per procedure. Troubleshoot and correct as required.
- Adjust program functionality per customer requests.
- Travel to jobsite for start-up assistance; 5-10% out-of-state travel is required.
- Troubleshoot programs in the field. Work with customer to meet project objectives.
- Work with service technicians over the phone to make CAD drawing adjustments, or program changes.
- Configure equipment on-site and remotely.
General Job Requirements
- Familiarity with VMWare Virtual Machine is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well with SBI team and external customers.
- Comfortable communicating with customers regarding the operation and electrical integrity of a system.
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies, procedures and work rules.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in using or a desire to learn required software.
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to electronic engineering.
- Proficient in design and calculation software.
Starting pay depending on qualifications and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Somerset, WI 54025