Schwing Bioset CareersView Details for this Open Position and Apply Here
Electrical Controls Engineer – Somerset, WI
Primary responsibility is to design equipment controls to meet customer requirements.
Design & Submittal Phase
- Collaborate with Project Engineer/Project Manager to determine project requirements and/or deviations.
- Determine technical requirements of electrical equipment to be supplied.
- Use AutoCAD Electrical to create electrical schematics, P&ID’s and panel Bill of Materials.
- Coordinate motor selection and acquisition of data sheets and quotations to meet project requirements.
- Communicate to Project Mechanical Engineer.
- Create memory maps and/or project-specific control narrative per specification and standard operating procedures.
- Design control panels to meet NEMA ratings, (c)UL, CSA listing requirements, and Hazardous Environment design considerations.
Production & Test Phase
- Coordinate with PM, Lead EE, and/or customer as required to obtain job-required programming needs.
- Ladder logic and function block programming capability to meet customer requirements.
- Program using the following PLC programming software options:
– Allen Bradley Logix 500/5000
– Siemens Step7
– Modicon Unity
- GE Proficy
- Program using the following HMI programming software options:
– RSView Studio ME
– WinCC Flex
- Create required project documentation for communication of programming intent, both to SBI employees and customers.
- Verify programs during testing phase per test procedure. Troubleshoot and correct as required.
- Adjust program functionality per customer requests.
- Travel to jobsite for start-up assistance; 5-10% travel required.
- Troubleshoot programs in the field. Work with customer to meet project objectives.
- Work with service technicians over the phone to make CAD drawing adjustments, or program changes.
- Configure equipment on-site and remotely.
General Job Requirements:
- Familiarity with VMWare Virtual Machine is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Works well with SBI team and external customers.
- Comfortable communicating with customers regarding the operation and electrical integrity of a system.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- Programmable logic controllers: 3 years (Preferred)