Plasma / Waterjet Programmer
What we do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset uses hydraulically-driven piston pumps as the core product for providing system solutions to the wastewater treatment, mining, and tunneling industries.
We are looking to hire a Plasma / Waterjet Programmer for our growing company.
Responsibilities and Duties including, but are not limited to, the following:
- Optimize machine programs and nest parts to reduce time and material usage
- Read, check & review technical drawings and documents to correctly program machines and make proper cutting list
- Properly and safely set up, operate, and calibrate plasma tables
- Apply knowledge of metal properties and tooling selection to bend and cut parts
- Maintain a clean tool inventory
- Document routine maintenance on machine as directed
- Operation of CNC computer driven plasma cutter and waterjet in a safe and efficient manner
- Operation of press-brake in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to read and understand work orders and fill out correctly, operation of plasma or flame-cutting torches when required effectively use all tools associated with performing duties including reading tape measures, calipers, etc.
- Operation of all equipment needed in workstation such as overhead and wall cranes, hand torches, electro-magnets, etc. knowledge of specific speeds, fuel settings, tips and plasma consumables required to cut various thickness of steel
- Miscellaneous duties as necessary
- Experience using CAD/CAM software such as AutoCad, ProNest,Siganest,Design2Fab to create CNC program files
- Experience creating flattened part drawings and bent sheet metal parts
- Experience programming and operating Hypertherm XPR300 CNC plasma cutting systems, or equivalent
- Experience programming/operating CNC waterjet and CNC High definition plasma cutting machines
- Experience and knowledge of various types and grades and thicknesses of metals, stainless, aluminum
- Computer literate, ability to stand/walk 90% of work shift, ability to lift up to 75 lbs. when required, ability to function in adverse climate conditions (heat, cold)
- Must be able to read blueprints or drawings
- Ability to stand/walk on concrete surface 90%+ of work shift in adverse climate conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. as necessary
- Bending and stooping required approximately 50% of work day
- Must wear proper protective gear including steel tip boots, metatarsals recommended, proper safety glasses or welding shield depending on duty performed
- Minimum of one-year burning experience
Tools and Equipment Used: Tape measures, micrometer, hand grinder, CNC controlled cutting machine, remote operated overhead cranes, forklifts.
Education Level Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Shift: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:00pm with occasional overtime.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefit package that begins on the first of the month after hire date.
Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CNC programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location