General Manager - Manufacturing
What We Do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset exists to pioneer and develop high performance, material handling solutions, and is dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets.
The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations for of the Schwing Bioset manufacturing business units. They will develop and implement a variety of strategies to maximize operational efficiency and customer satisfaction while maintaining world class quality performance. This person will provide oversight and guidance to Team Members, manage and drive continuous improvement projects assigned to staff and interact with the customer on key initiatives, while maintaining the highest Environmental, Health & Safety standards.
- Oversee all phases of manufacturing and equipment operation multiple locations.
- Lead and direct staff consisting of Production Managers/Supervisors, and Maintenance personnel.
- Develop and maintain programs and processes to drive best-in-class practices as pertains to:
- Operational efficiencies
- Equipment utilization
- Preventive Maintenance
- On time delivery
- Workplace safety
- Personnel training & development
- Operations metrics
- Develop partnerships with peers in Quality, Engineering, Product Development, Sales and Administration in order to drive alignment of key priorities and create a collaborative work environment across departments.
- Ensure the highest level of product quality is achieved consistently and efficiently.
- Work with Executive Management Team to formulate the vision, set strategic goals, and design and execute a plan of action.
- Develop and implement performance improvement and growth strategies for the operation.
- Review financial analysis and make budgetary adjustments as required.
- Manage and improve the abilities of your manufacturing team by developing their skills and abilities as part of the company Succession Planning process.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 15 years Production Management experience.
- Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
- Working knowledge of fabrication and machining practices
- Strong leadership & communication skills; motivator and team builder. Holds group accountable for achievement of results while creating an environment where people are valued and respected.
- Proven track record as pertains to achievement of day-to-day objectives while also continuing to drive continuous improvement (i.e., development of strategic improvement plans).
- Strong project management and organization skills and proven track record supporting organizational growth.
Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 10 years (Preferred)