Field Service Engineer
What We Do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset exists to pioneer and develop high performance, material handling solutions, and is dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining, and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets.
The primary responsibility is to support SBI supplied equipment through its life cycle at customer sites, and take a leadership role during projects with a large scope of supply and labor. The multi-disciplinary background of a trained engineer will be essential to communication/coordination between the field service team and in house engineering teams for system troubleshooting, R&D and ensuring large scope of supply installations are achieved efficiently and on time with minimal field modifications.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Coordination and scheduling of equipment to different locations
- Set up of equipment
- Operation of equipment and documentation of results
- Tear down of equipment
- Assist sales staff with requirements of demonstration
New Equipment Field Services
- Installation including Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical systems
- Startup of complete scope of supply
- Field testing per project specifications
- Train plant personnel in the operation and maintenance of SBI supplied equipment
Existing Equipment Field Services
- Troubleshoot and repair existing equipment
- Preventative maintenance services
- Assist customer with estimates for repairs and upgrades
- Coordinate and complete field installations of equipment supplied by SBI
- Coordinate field work with Project Manager
- Work with outside contractors (electrical, mechanical, general, etc.)
- Coordinate field equipment necessary for work completion (crane rental, etc.)
- Four (4) year Engineering Degree required.
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience in construction, wastewater, mining and/or concrete preferred.
- Knowledge in hydraulics, electrical systems, pneumatics, mechanical systems, and PLC.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, hydraulic drawings, and blueprints as related to engineering and contract designs for installation and trouble shooting.
- Schwing Bioset does offer paid training.
- This is a traveling position. Candidates must be willing to travel.
- Roles and responsibilities may be modified at any time by management.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Field service: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 75% (Preferred)
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.