Application Engineer (Danbury, CT)
What we do:
Schwing Bioset exists to pioneer and develop high performance material handling solutions and is dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions primarily across North America.
Reporting to the Technology Manager, the Applications Engineer will be responsible to support sales activities and manage multiple projects through their entire sales cycle from initial equipment design and selection, pilot studies, budget proposals, drawing generation, specification writing, and firm price bid estimates.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Size, select and confirm applicability of equipment to be offered
- Develop pricing, proposals, and work with Engineering to help develop sales drawings
- Develop and review project specifications and drawings
- Primary contact to interface with Sales, Customer and Design Engineering firm
- Ability to travel to job sites, exhibitions, and SBI offices up to 25%
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Read mechanical and electrical drawings
- Be able to read through technical specifications develop project scope letter to respond to project bids
- Familiar with wastewater plant processes and design
- Drafting capability a plus.
- BA/BS in Engineering (Civil, Chemical or Mechanical preferred) or sufficient hands on application experience in the industry
- 3-5 years similar experience preferred
- Prior experience with processes is helpful.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SAP, Salesforce, and ACAD/Inventor is helpful.
Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Autodesk Inventor: 1 year (Preferred)
- SAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location