What we do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset uses hydraulically-driven piston pumps as the core product for providing system solutions to the wastewater treatment, mining, and tunneling industries.
We are looking to hire a Plasma / Waterjet Operator for our growing company.
Responsibilities and Duties including, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operation of CNC computer driven plasma cutter and waterjet in a safe and efficient manner
- Operation of press-brake in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to read and understand work orders and fill out correctly, operation of plasma or flame-cutting torches when required effectively use all tools associated with performing duties including reading tape measures, calipers, etc.
- Operation of all equipment needed in workstation such as overhead and wall cranes, hand torches, electro-magnets, etc. knowledge of specific speeds, fuel settings, tips and plasma consumables required to cut various thickness of steel.
- Miscellaneous duties as necessary
- Computer literate, ability to stand/walk 90% of work shift, ability to lift up to 75 lbs. when required, ability to function in adverse climate conditions (heat, cold).
- Must be able to read blueprints or drawings
- Ability to stand/walk on concrete surface 90%+ of work shift in adverse climate conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. as necessary.
- Bending and stooping required approximately 50% of work day.
- Must wear proper protective gear including steel tip boots, metatarsals recommended, proper safety glasses or welding shield depending on duty performed.
- Minimum of one-year burning experience.
Tools and Equipment Used: Tape measures, micrometer, hand grinder, CNC controlled cutting machine, remote operated overhead cranes, forklifts.
Education Level Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Shift: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:00pm with occasional overtime.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefit package that begins on the first of the month after hire date.
If you are interested in applying, you may do so via the online form, or you may contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-247-3433.
Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.