Northeast Region Sales Associate
What we do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset uses hydraulically-driven piston pumps as the core product for providing system solutions to the wastewater treatment, mining, and tunneling industries.
Reports To: Northeast Regional Sales Manager
Skills/Education – Requirements for the Job
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (highly preferred).
- Background in Wastewater Treatment Plant Design helpful.
- Background in Construction recommended.
- Technical writing and public speaking skills required.
- Good mathematical skills, understanding of engineering and business principles and mechanical aptitude required.
- Computer Literate – Excel, Word, Power Point, and CRM (Salesforce).
Primary responsibilities are to solicit new projects, manage and utilize the Representative Network in the territory and to participate in all new project bidding, offering input on project design and costing as required. Territory to be defined to best accommodate successful candidates’ location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze market potential.
- Acquire knowledge of all suitable applications for company’s products.
- Acquire technical knowledge as to how all equipment functions.
- Actively participate in principal trade association meetings, conventions, etc.
- Preserve and promote the corporate image in all trade relations.
- Keep current on all pertinent aspects of the wastewater treatment industry.
- Make full use of company assets to help service accounts such as technical, engineering, and parts and service.
- Prepare weekly expense reports and forward to Accounting for approval. Include a brief report of the week’s activities.
- Update sales prospect report in CRM regularly.
- Make every effort to travel at the least expensive method.
- Report activities in CRM regularly.
- Identify to management industry trends, market perceptions, new threats/competition to existing products, potential new products for the company to sell.
- Travel to meet with and or correspond with consulting engineers, owners and customers/contractors as required to secure the sale of equipment marketed by the Company.
- Keep in contact with current installations within the territory to learn early on of plant expansion and equipment replacement projects. Also to keep Customers satisfied with products by ensuring any issues that arise are immediately known to the company and can be promptly resolved.
- Prepare proposals, offering equipment selections for specific applications, and submit information as required by end user in their quest for material handling equipment suppliers.
- Manage and provide sales support to the territory Manufacturer Representatives.
- Make technical and visual (power point) presentations of the entire product line and services offered by company to consulting engineers, plant facility personnel and Manufacturer Representatives.
- The travel requirements of this position are extensive. This individual must be able to travel at least 50% of the time to meet with customers/vendors/end users. Have a plan to cover entire sales territory in an appropriate time frame.
- Meet annual budgeted sales and profit goals
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified either formally or informally, either in writing or verbally at the discretion of Management.
Schwing Bioset offers health, dental, life, STD/LTD, 401k company match.
Candidates can reside anywhere in the continental United States.
Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.