Mobile Controls Engineer
What We Do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset uses hydraulically-driven piston pumps as the core product for providing system solutions to the wastewater treatment, mining, and tunneling industries.
Primary responsibility is to design equipment controls to meet customer requirements.
Design & Submittal Phase
- Collaborate with Project Engineer/Project Manager to determine project requirements and/or deviations.
- Determine technical requirements of electrical equipment to be supplied.
- Use AutoCAD Electrical to create electrical schematics, P&ID’s and panel Bill of Materials.
- Coordinate motor selection and acquisition of data sheets and quotations to meet project requirements.
- Communicate to Project Mechanical Engineer.
- Create memory maps and/or project-specific control narrative per specification and standard operating procedures.
- Design control panels to meet NEMA ratings, (c)UL, CSA listing requirements, and Hazardous Environment design considerations.
Production & Test Phase
- Coordinate with PM, Lead EE, and/or customer as required to obtain job-required programming needs.
- Ladder logic and function block programming capability to meet customer requirements.
- Program using the following PLC programming software options:
- Allen Bradley Logix 500/5000
- Siemens Step7
- Modicon Unity
- GE Proficy
- Program using the following HMI programming software options:
- RSView Studio ME
- WinCC Flex
- Create required project documentation for communication of programming intent, both to SBI employees and customers.
- Verify programs during testing phase per test procedure. Troubleshoot and correct as required.
- Adjust program functionality per customer requests.
- Travel to jobsite for start-up assistance; 5-10% travel required.
- Troubleshoot programs in the field. Work with customer to meet project objectives.
- Work with service technicians over the phone to make CAD drawing adjustments, or program changes.
- Configure equipment on-site and remotely.
General Job Requirements:
- Familiarity with VMWare Virtual Machine is a plus.
- CAN Bus knowledge required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Works well with SBI team and external customers.
- Comfortable communicating with customers regarding the operation and electrical integrity of a system.
Schwing Bioset offers health, dental, life, STD/LTD, 401k company match. Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)