What we do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. (SBI) is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset exists to pioneer and develop high performance, material handling solutions, and is dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to design, source parts, perform cost analysis, create bills of materials, 3D model, develop prints for fabrication, work with Engineering Manager and shop personnel to solve issues, and perform tests on designs.
- Review customer project specifications to determine equipment that satisfies the requirement.
- Design custom solutions and create drawings that will be presented to our customer using Autodesk Inventor modeling software.
- Evaluate mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirm system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods to ensure the designed solution is built as customer requested.
- Develop mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Communicate engineering design information both internally and externally.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Completes projects by guiding designers.
Self-motivated, quick thinker, detail orientated candidate that can achieve results on the first try and willing to go the extra mile. Minimum of 5 yrs. experience in Mechanical Engineering. Ideal candidate will have experience in heavy truck, drive train, hydraulics, fluid mechanics, welding practices, stress analysis, and machine design. Electronics and PLC knowledge a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in applying, you may do so via the online form, or you may contact Sam Posthumus at email@example.com or 715-247-3433.
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.