What we do:
Schwing Bioset, Inc. is a fast-paced, growing company located in Somerset, WI, just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Schwing Bioset uses hydraulically-driven piston pumps as the core product for providing system solutions to the wastewater treatment, mining, and tunneling industries.
Mechanical Engineer Job Purpose:
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to manage projects, source parts, perform cost analysis, create bill of materials, design, 3D model, develop prints for fabrication, work with Engineering Manager and shop personnel to solve issues, and perform test on design.
- Reviews customer project specifications to determine equipment that satisfies the requirements with Autocad Inventor modeling software.
- Manages projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Designs custom solutions and create drawings that will be presented to our customer.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods to ensure the designed solution is built as customer requested.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
Self-motivated, quick thinker, detail orientated candidate that can achieve results on the first try and willing to go the extra mile. Minimum of 3-5 yrs. experience in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering degree. Candidate will have experience in heavy truck, drive train, hydraulics, fluid mechanics, welding practices, stress analysis, and machine design. Electronics and PLC knowledge a plus.
Schwing Bioset offers health, dental, life, STD/LTD, 401k company match.