Mechanic / Welder
Engineered Chassis Systems (ECS), located in Somerset, WI, is seeking a full-time experienced Mechanic / Welder. ECS is a full service chassis modifier for the large truck market.
- Perform truck routine maintenance and corrective work, as required
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment
- Weld steel components using welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders and/or verbal instructions.
- Perform set-ups and lay-out work.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Experience as a Mechanic
- Thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves and gas cylinders.
- Understanding of welding symbols and diagrams, blueprints and/ or other printed instructional material in the welding of products and parts.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal.
- Valid driver’s license (CDL preferred but not required)
- Ability to pass a drug screening and fitness for duty physical
- Willing to work with others in a team environment.
- Be a dependable and reliable asset to the company.
ECS provides a comprehensive benefit package:
- Health Savings Account
- STD and LTD
- 401k Matching Plan
- Paid Holidays
ECS is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- welding: 1 year (Required)
- mechanic: 1 year (Required)