Jr. Cost Accountant
What We Do:
Schwing Bioset exists to pioneer and develop high performance, material handling solutions, and is dedicated to serving the wastewater, mining and industrial markets with specialized products and engineered solutions. Our products are presently installed in a wide variety of custom engineered and highly specialized applications including wastewater treatment plants, mines, power plants, dredging, refineries, pharmaceutical facilities, and chemical processing plants in both US and international markets.
To be responsible for daily standard costing of products, cost analysis and helping set yearly standards. This position will also be responsible with filing sales and use taxes and helping with month-end entries, audits, and other projects as needed.
- Calculate and enter standard costs on new products
- Review and cost projects and provide feedback on variances
- Help with the calculation and rolling of yearly standard costs
- Create and input journal entries in SAP for the month-end close process mainly related to cost accounting and inventory
- Support and preparation of audit PBC’s and year-end entries related to costing and inventory
- Prepare and file Sales & Use taxes and help provide research on changes to tax code for this
- Run Vertex uploads, and all the reports for preparing Sale & Use tax filings
- Review and prepare various indirect tax accrual account reconciliations and maintain account balances in the general ledger.
- Help with indirect tax audits, including pulling necessary documents for auditors, researching various issues to ensure tax determinations are correct and working with the auditor on sampling.
- Responsible for Vertex exceptions input and maintaining current exemption certificates.
- Prepare additional journal entries in SAP or other accounting duties as assigned
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance with 6 months to 3 years recent experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong math skills
- Sap and Vertex knowledge preferred or similar systems with strong technical ability & excel
- Ability to reconcile information, solve complex issues, and adaptable to change
- Strong work ethic; team oriented, and goal orientated
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified either formally or informally, either in writing or verbally at the discretion of Management.
If you are interested in applying, you may do so via the online form, or you may contact Dave at email@example.com or 715-247-3433.
Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer.