As an Assistant Controller at Schwing Bioset, Inc. you will be involved with every piece of the accounting cycle. Each day brings a new challenge. When not working on daily accounting functions you will be partnering with team members in all aspects of the business.
This role will report to the Controller and will be based at Schwing Bioset,Headquarters in Somerset, WI.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
- Operational Accounting: Responsible for accurate transactional accounting processes including accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, inventory, fixed assets, and intercompany transactions.
- Reporting: Provide reports and analysis as needed for both finance and operational departments.
- Monthly Closing: Perform full cycle month-end and year-end close process
- Financial Statements: Assist in the preparation of financials statements in accordance with GAAP (for review of Controller or CFO). Review with management and provide analysis.
- Audit, Tax and Regulatory: Work with and provide schedules as requested by external auditors, tax staff and governmental agencies.
- Communication: Daily communication with key stakeholders. Serve as direct point of contact for questions and reporting on accounting and finance related activities.
- Policies and Controls: Assist the Controller in establishing and maintaining financial control policies, procedures, and documentation to ensure the Company complies with GAAP and other requirements, while safeguarding corporate assets. Assist Controller in ensuring staff is trained and department is organized to support an effective control environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Assist the Controller in promoting a culture of continuous improvement to ensure department processes and procedures are reviewed regularly for efficiency and effectiveness, developing metrics to measure improvements. Foster proactive process reviews and improvements by staff.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in accounting/finance roles is required.
- Public accounting experience (desirable but not required)
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or contracting environment is preferred, but not required
- Must possess strong project management, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills and be highly organized and detail oriented. Plus have a strong work ethic with high personal initiative.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Must be extremely self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and innovative. Must be hands-on and results-oriented, as well as be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, multiple-priority environment.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of disciplines and personalities.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Must be a self-starter with the initiative to learn and a great work ethic
- Interested in being exposed to and interfacing with multiple facets of the organization
- Strong Microsoft Excel user, and prior use of general ledger applications in a Manufacturing ERP environment required (SAP is preferred) strongly desired.
- CPA designation desired
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- Health, dental, life, STD/LTD, 401k company match
- Schwing Bioset is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)